- Aston Martin’s first electric model – Rapide E – now ready for production
- Car unveiled at Auto Shanghai by Aston Martin Chief Creative Officer, Marek Reichman
- Rapide E features 800V battery system for greater charging efficiencies
- Twin rear-mounted motors produce 610PS and 950Nm of torque
- Production limited to 155 examples
Aston Martin has revealed its production-ready version of the all-electric Rapide E at the Shanghai motor show. The car will be the first car to be built at Aston Martin’s new facility in St. Martin, UK.
Rapide E’s range is over 200 miles under the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP), while the model is capable of charging at a rate of 1851,2 miles of range per hour using a typical 400V 50kW charger. However, the car’s 800V high-voltage battery system enables faster charging of 3101,2 miles of range per hour, using an 800V outlet delivering 100kW or higher. For destination charging, the car also features an industry-leading high-power AC on-board charger capable of recharging the battery in as little as 3 hours.
Top speed for Rapide E is 155mph, with a sub-4.0 second 0-60mph time and a 50-70mph time of just 1.5 seconds. These figures are not restricted to a narrow window of battery charge or climatic conditions, instead, thanks to the cutting-edge 800V architecture, the Rapide E will deliver its performance in a consistent and repeatable way as would be expected from a traditional Aston Martin product. This includes the ability to drive a full lap of the Nürburgring with no performance derating of the battery or the motors.