EarthCruiser has unveiled an upfit solution for the GMC Hummer EV Pickup as a fully-functional off-grid living solution. Debuting at Overland Expo Mountain West in Colorado, the upfit features several bespoke items for the electric vehicle.
Features of the EarthCruiser Hummer EV kit include:
- A carbon fiber EarthCruiser house fully integrated into the chassis of the GMC HUMMER EV Pickup.
- Onboard solar power with 605W along with an innovative system of 6 kilowatt hours of 12V lithium battery to provide an estimated seven days of off-grid power, such as the ability to power appliances like a refrigerator/freezer for about a week.
- The freedom to explore any season with EarthCruiser’s insulated tri-layered pop-up roof.
- Amenities include a curated selection of appliances, indoor and outdoor shower, 120V and 12V outlets, purposeful storage and a flat-pack toilet.
- An RV full-size bed to provide a comfortable night’s sleep on all terrains.
- Intuitive, 7-inch-diagonal touchscreen system control panel designed for ease of use.
EarthCruiser will have its upfit package for the Hummer EV available in 2024 with more product availability details and pricing coming later this year. The package is not covered under General Motors’ warranty.
Aaron is an automotive journalist living in Wyoming, USA. His background includes technology, mechanics, commercial vehicles, and new vehicle evaluations. Aaron is a member of several automotive media groups and writes for many well-known publications.